Monday 13 July 2009

Introducing...

They’re here at last!

After all the patient waiting Dilly’s ducklings have come out of their shells and launched themselves into this wonderful life… and what a launch… what a coming out… just look at them!

Don't they look cool? What fun we are going to have!

The confident looking one with the green beehive and pink sparkly necklace is Dolores, Dolly for short. She’s a bit of a throwback to Dubby’s Elvis period, do you remember the time that Dubby was an Elvis impersonator? Well, as a result Dolly loves all things fifties and simply can’t wait to start dating some hunk on the football team (Dolly this is Wales, not Pennsylvania). I think she’s going to be something of a handful, just look at the way she wears her eyelashes, so Max Factor, and at such an early age! I just hope Dilly and Dubby know what they’ve let themselves in for.

The moody punky one (yes I know, punk is so long ago, maybe he's another throwback) with the random black patches, blue Mohican and silver nose-stud (sorry, bill-stud) is Dennis. He hates being called Dennis though and prefers Dani, only Dilly is allowed to call him Dennis, and only then if he’s in the right mood. He likes to think that he’s got a bit of attitude, but underneath it all he’s a real softie and worships his two sisters, particularly Dolly, he admires her confidence. Dani’s not really very confident at all, he’s a little sad inside, that’s why he rebels a little. It was Dani’s twin that went missing and he thinks a lot about it, he’s still hoping that one day he’s going to turn up.

That cute little thing with the whimsical red curl is Debbie. Thank goodness we have at least one relatively normal duckling in this trio. Debbie’s the quiet one, the sensible one, the moderator, the one who always sees the good in things. Debbie was the last to hatch and is the baby of the family, everyone looks after Debbie, she’s the apple of Dubby’s eye already, she can do no wrong, not that she ever would, after all she’s practically perfect… Now what is it they say about the quiet ones?

So there we have it - Dilly and Dubby’s new family - Dolly, Dani, and Debbie. What a splendid family group they make.

I wonder what surprises they have in store for us and what adventures they are going to have.

One thing I am pretty certain about though… Misty’s going to have her work cut out with these three on the scene.

Watch this space...

9 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! Dubby and Dilly must be very proud. I'm can't say I agree with favouritism...but already Dani is my favourite. I'm hoping is sadness doesn't last too long...I'm praying for the safe return of his twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Purrrfect (NOT). More ducks, and these three look purrticularly troublesome!

    Oh well... Let the game commence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Dilly and Dubby! I agree with CB and Dani is my favourite. Think it must be the Mohican, black patch look, and what I thought was a lone tear dripping down his cheek (or whatever the duck equivalent is)....

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are hysterical!
    Dolores is my favourite because of her necklace - I'm not shallow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who the fishbone is Denzil duck? Don't I have enough problems with cheese without another duck to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. who's Denzil - I thought you were called Dennis/Dani?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please let Denzil be Dani's missing twin. I hope he's OK...I wonder where he is?

    ReplyDelete