Friday 31 July 2009

Creepy weepy crawlie...

Misty gets into the strangest places, in the boot of the car, up a tree, I even found her in the bath playing with a spider the other day.

Look where she is now. Up on top of the cupboards again - I wonder why she does that...

‘I like it up here. I’m safe from everything up here. Nothing can get me up here, nothing at all, not even the creepy.

I don’t like the creepy, it has too many legs and I hate its stripy yellow body. I don’t mind the brown things with the eight legs, eight legs aren’t too many, but the creepy has hundreds, the creepy scares me.

There I was having a little lie down and a wash thinking about playing with stripy mouse, when all of a sudden I felt a tickley thingy on my neck and when I looked down there was the creepy climbing up my fur. It was horrible! It was all wriggly, legs everywhere, and its horrible yellow pincers were going snippety, snap, snippety, snap.

Only one thing for it! I jumped up onto the work surface, then the cupboards and onto the divider. I can keep watch from up here… make sure that it can’t get me. I don’t want it coming to get me again - horrible little creepy weepy crawlie.

I wonder what it wants? Maybe it is coming to get me because I ate the eight legged thing, maybe that’s it, maybe its come to get revenge, maybe it’s the eight-legged things friend. I’ve seen them in the garden, scuttling around, buggley eyed, but never in the house before. I bet it’s the eight legged things friend and it’s come to get me… I think I’ll stay up here for a while, make sure that it’s gone. Yes, I’ll stay nice and safe up here…’


Are you all right Misty? What’s the matter? You look like you are looking for something. What is it… a spider? You’re not scared of spiders are you? Spiders are nothing to be scared of… now centipedes they’re another matter…

2 comments:

  1. By the way it was quite a big centipede about 5 cms long, probably a Cryptops hortensis, we seem to get a lot of centipedes in our garden in Wales.

    Misty hates them which is odd because shes happy to play with all other insects includinf wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor Misty, I'd be distressed too

    ReplyDelete