Monday 27 July 2009

Duck Danni duck!

Oh goodness! What have we here? It looks like there’s a new duckling in town and I don’t think Danni will like that. No, look at him – I don’t think he likes it one bit.

What’s Danni’s saying? Something about second rate nose-studs and silly big quiffs, it sounds like he accusing this other young duckling of copying his look… badly. And now he’s saying something about this town not being big enough for the two of them… punk! Oh no, that is so typically Danni, speak first and think later…

And that new duck looks like he can handle himself!

Don’t push it Danni!

Too late! There he goes, putting his webbed foot well into his bill without thinking about the consequences. It was probably a mistake to call this newcomer a quackpot, and definitely not a good idea to say that his hair looked like a Duck’s arse (gone wrong), and certainly very stupid to follow it up with a comment like ‘you’re a no good, quackless, mother ducker’.

There is going to be a duck fight I think!





Look at them go. To be honest there’s no way Danni is going to win… well, he’s not exactly well-built is he? I don’t really want to be the one to say this but as litters go Danni would definitely be erring towards the runt side.

OUCH! I think that might have hurt! You should have ducked that one Danni!

Oh well Danni better luck next time. At least Dilly is here to patch you up, put the odd plaster here, some disinfectant there. You’ll mend, it’s only a few scratches and a couple of bruises.

By the way - anyone have any idea who that other young duckling was?

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely lovely sweet story. I didn't understand a word of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that final photo, especially Dilly with the cotton wool in her mouth - hilarious if it wasn't so sad obviously

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Dani...I was really looking forward to the return of his missing sibling (if indeed that is who this reckless new kid on the block is?)...I think I've changed my mind now! I just hope Dani is feeling better soon...if Dilly's attempts to patch him up haven't worked he may have to see 'the quack'...he he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just come across a pattern in an old HotKnits magazine I have on my coffee table for a jumper with some ducks on it - reminded me of your story. Going to attempt it in tribute to your sweet billed little friends. Its called Hungry Mallards and it'll keep me busy for a couple of days - who says these blogs dont inspire - bye for now. Rita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dani - you don't have a lot of duck, do you?! I think you might have been in the wrong pond at the wrong time... Stay well away from him, whoever he is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, I'm not saying that new duck is or isn't me, but it looks like the other duck started it with his bad mouthing attitude.

    Poor Danni indeed!

    ReplyDelete