Thursday 6 February 2014

Empty headed…

Today my head has been mainly empty. It’s not unusual - as Tom Jones might say - it happens quite a lot. It’s almost as if my mind decides that it doesn’t or can’t take in any more and flushes all my thoughts away for a few hours. It isn’t a bad feeling, I quite like it; not thinking allows me to just float.

And floating, not thinking, I can go anywhere I want. So today I’ve been up in the air on a cloud of ennui - which is a word I love - loving the listless, empty dissatisfaction it brings on. Who needs excitement anyway? Who needs thoughts? Who needs anything when you are floating?

And floating on - as The Floaters might say – I find myself at the top of a tower watching the Dervishes whirl in the courtyard below. Dervish – I love that word - Dervishes whirling, whirling, round and round, faster and faster, focusing on the turning until their heads are empty and their minds are clean. If only my name was Larry I might become a Dervish; floating wherever my empty mind takes me. My empty mind devil’s workshop, my monkey mind; just call me Larry Empty Head as I float way.

Look - there I go.

10 comments:

  1. Ian Maclachlan
    I could do with pouring a little of my mind away but I can't get the lid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Can opener, Ian Maclachlan.

      Delete
  2. Linda Kemp on FB
    I'm whirling today.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraser Stewart on FB
    I often thought should I blog. Have I anything to say and to say in a thought-rovoking manner or just amusing? But my head is empty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      It's the empty days that are the best Fraser.

      Delete
  4. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    By the way, I'm Leo and my name is Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Float. Float on. Float on, float on. Cancer and my name is Larry, huh, and I like a woman that loves everything and everybody...(the young people have no idea what we are going on about.)

      Delete
  5. Kingsley Roberts
    And mine has many thoughts - a good evening for thinking - reflection and thinking 'Fuckem'. Good place to be - you know me

    Andrew Height
    Yes, well and truly 'Fuckem' they are history and dust. Enjoy your evening.

    Kingsley Roberts
    I am, don't you worry. Though I know you won't

    Andrew Height
    Well, I'm a worrier and I don't trust any of em one bit.

    Kingsley Roberts
    Like I said 'fuckem' I've got more than they'll ever have !!

    Andrew Height
    You and me both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim Preston on FB
    Ah. It seems as though you have stepped through the gateless gate into that blissful realm and have a true vision of the universe as an insubstantial childs toy

    ReplyDelete