Sunday 8 January 2012

Flowers at the front…

Not every word I carve on this page has to be torn from my heart, bleeding and spotting, filling my sight with red. I can be easier on myself. I can be easier on my self.

Not every word.

I can be.
Light
Flippant
Inane
Grammatically in correct

I can be.

And then there is home.
Where the heart is
Where there is no place like
Where the memories live
Where I sleep sound.

Home.
I can be home.
Home.

Taken there.
To Derrydown.
Or back to home town.

Standing outside old pubs
I drink.
Visiting my girlfriend’s houses
I remember.
Places where I used to work
I laugh.

Some of it different
Most of it the same.
I laugh.

Time travel.
Without travel.

Whoosh!
Standing besides my grandmother’s grave.
Whoosh!
Listening outside the forge to Grandad’s hammer.
Bang – bang – bang – bump – bumppp
Gone.

Whoosh!
Fleetwood.
Close to sea
A house outside.
Feelings inside.

A home.
Your own.
Such freedom

Such freedom.

Be happy.
With flowers at the front.

Flowers at the front.

10 comments:

  1. "Be happy.
    With flowers at the front."

    I like that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Cholmondeley on facebook:
    Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil Morgan on Facebook:
    Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey Messenger on Facebook:
    thats really lovely...liking the daisys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian Maclachlan on Facebook
    I love the colours you use. Always admired people who can put colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah Rook on Facebook
    Touched....thank you :-)

    Andrew Height It is yours if you'd like it for your new home Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah Rook on Facebook:
    That is very kind Andrew thank you....I already have a place/wall in mind for it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:
    Errrmmmm I might just have to 'misplace' it - or it might just get lost in the post? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. David Bell on Facebook:
    Great art work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I was as talented as you AKH

    ReplyDelete