Friday 11 June 2010

A sky is a sky is a sky…

So this is where Hisfault comes to watch that sun thing go to sleep. Why does he bother? Personally I can’t see what all the fuss is about. After all, what’s so hissing special about a hissing red sky anyway? Blue skies, grey skies, even green skies – they’re all the same to me. A sky is a sky is a sky to Misty the cat. Not that I’ve ever seen a green sky, well not a hissing green-green sky - I’ve seen clouds that have a bit of green in them. I’ve seen a greenfly, I’ve seen a greenhouse, even a green village (or was that a village green?) But never a green sky… and so what? Like I said - a sky is a sky is a sky.

The way Hisfault goes on you’d think that the sky was good enough to eat, what with his sunsets and sunrises, rainbows and storm clouds. But you can’t eat it. You can’t even lick it, it’s too high up to reach. I wonder what it tastes like, Chicken, Lamb, Rabbit? Now I could understand his sky thing if the sky was a tasty treat or a nice bowl of nin-nins. If the red sky tasted like ‘rich lamb chunks in a delicious meaty gravy’ and a grey sky like ‘a mix of beautiful chicken and rabbit pieces in a thick savoury jelly’ then I’d be up here all the time waiting for the sun to disappear - but as far as I can see it doesn’t, it doesn’t even look very tasty and it doesn’t smell of anything remotely foodies.

If you ask me he’s just a wasting his time, every time the sky turns red off he runs to get that box thing. Doesn’t he realise how stupid he looks with that hissing box thing around his neck? He points it at the sky, mutters a ‘wow’, or an ‘ah’, or sometimes a ‘gottit’ and then does a little excited dance like when I’m desperate for a pee in my litter tray.

Just what is that box? Is it a trap? Is he trying to catch the sun? Perhaps that’s it. Perhaps Hisfault catches the sun in his box thing and doesn’t let it out until the next day. I heard him telling Foodies that he’s caught the sun - maybe he’s a sun catcher. Now let me think… if he can catch the sun in that box I wonder if I could hissing borrow it to catch a birdie?

2 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason I didn't like misty. No soul.
    I think you should bring back the misty cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do to have a soul and that camera thing is hissing broken. Hisfault says it needs a new bat. I've been trying to catch one but this hissing bell gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete