Tuesday 29 June 2010

Not a vegetable update...

Do you remember the vegetables that I wasn’t going to grow in Wales this year? Well, here they aren’t, not growing as you can see.

I now have two empty mini-greenhouses and an empty cold frame where my tomato plants haven’t contracted curly leaf and my peppers haven’t been attacked by caterpillars. My spring onions aren’t growing in my grow bags and my courgette isn’t doing really well as it isn’t in the large plastic pot at the far end of the gravel. The French beans that aren’t in the two pots by the front door are doing okay after not being sprayed for spider mite, and I’m particularly pleased with the sweet corns that I didn’t plant and that aren’t growing at the rate of an inch a day by the front gates.

So there they aren’t, my Welsh vegetables - I’m looking forward to not eating them.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah Rawden commented on Facebook:
    I am not in the slightest bit saying I'm impressed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Ogden commented on Facebook:

    I'll be coming to inspect your veggies next month...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finest crop of veg I've never seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Atkinson commented on Facebook:

    "My nasturtia have been decimated by black fly - furious doesn't even begin to describe my emotions. I was gonna get all fancy and put the petals in a salad."

    ReplyDelete