Friday 18 June 2010

Cat map…

I love beds, Hisfault and Foodies bed particularly. Beds can be such fun and some of my best ideas come to me when I’m in or on the bed. Just last week I was lay half in and half out of my cat napping space when an idea crept out of my thinking area, along my whiskers and into my head. It gave me quite a shiver, but before I knew what I was thinking I’d worked out a way to climb on top of the hissing wardrobe.

The bed didn’t look quite as big from up there but I could see all of my favourite spots - my scratching area, the place where I do my Yoga and meditate on the meaning of life (which is of course food and sleep, I worked that one out ages ago), my night time sleeping space (I’ve nearly suffocated Hisfault on a couple of occasions, but as his name suggests, it’s his fault - he will insist on invading my space), my foot attack zone (well, toes can look very much like miceys in the dark if you use your imagination), the spot where I pretend to cough up hair balls (Foodies hates that, she makes Hisfault get out of bed and take me to the kitchen, which is what I want because he always gives me some Nin-Nins to stop me heaving - that Foodies has absolutely no sense of humour), and my launch pad. I can jump up onto the dresser from my launch pad and from there I managed (by use of the curtains) to climb up on top of the wardrobe.

Once on top I just sat quietly minding my own business waiting for bedtime and gazing down at the bed. Once Hisfault and Foodies were asleep I set the second part of my idea into action. I love ideas that come in two parts, particularly if you get to have a little nap in-between them. I waited and as soon as Hisfault was snoring and Foodies was mumbling something about blanching the asparagus I launched myself off the wardrobe and out into the darkness of the bedroom. I landed dead centre in the middle of my grooming salon with a WHOOMF! It was so hissing funny, you should of heard the hissing commotion - Hisfault jumped out of hissing bed and banged his head on the wardrobe and Foodies just kept repeating ‘What was that? What was that?’ in a squeaky, high pitched voice. It was such hissing fun that I might try it again some time.

Oh well, time for a nap – maybe another good idea will come to me whilst I’m snoozing...

5 comments:

  1. Linda Kemp e-mailed:

    Thanks Andy, gave me a laugh on a busy Friday!
    Last night we had 4 cats on the bed, each with their own map which didn't allow for human occupants too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Misty, my 6 cats are a bit old for such athletics now, but we still have our moments! Someone should design a bed we can all share in comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you explained what was meant by heaving spot Misty - hope it's on Hissfault's side of the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia Kitt commented on Facebook:
    "oh, yes, know this one - scratching area is right where it wakes me at 2, 3, 4 then bliss until breakfast at 6.22...."

    ReplyDelete