Friday 25 June 2010

Misty and the weather machine…

Just why they have this hissing whirly thing in the garden is quite beyond me. It looks weird and doesn’t seem to do much except spin around when the wind blows - just like the Whirling Dervish Girl Thing.

Foodies hangs those hissing clothes things from it most days, but I’ve no hissing idea why? It definitely has something to do with the weather though, because if she hangs the clothes out the weather is usually dry, and if she doesn’t then it usually rains.

Perhaps it’s a device for controlling the weather. Maybe Foodies is in charge of the weather and this machine controls it. I can’t see any controls though. No knob with ‘dry, damp, rainy’ on it, and no lever with ‘breeze, wind, gale’. Maybe it’s controlled by the type of clothes she hangs out – T-shirts might indicate hot, and jumpers might indicate cold. I wonder what sort of weather pants indicates?

Sometimes she gets it hissing wrong, either that or the machine loses control - and out she rushes in the rain to grab the clothes as though the rain might damage them. Funny thing is they’re wet when she hangs them, so what’s the difference? Maybe that’s it. Maybe she’s trying to make it rain - although I thought that was Hisfault’s job, at least that’s what Foodies says when he starts to sing.

It definitely has hissing something to do with the weather though, sometimes it seems like she’s trying to catch the wind. Maybe it’s a wind catcher. I wonder what she does with the wind when she catches it. According to Foodies, Hisfault already has lots of wind - so I don’t know why they need even more of it in the house.

There, I’ve done it a-hissing-gain. I’ve used my superior cat intellect to hissing work things out and my conclusion is that it’s some kind of hissing weather machine... and if Foodies can make it work then so can I. Now what weather would I like today? Mmmm… some nice warm sunshine would be good. Maybe if I do a little weather dance on this pole I might be able to make the sun come out

Does this make me a ‘pole cat’ I wonder, and is this what Hisfault means when he talks about ‘pole dancers’?

3 comments:

  1. Having just sprayed my brick paved drive to kill the weeds, I don't envy you your job.

    ReplyDelete