Wednesday 14 April 2010

Season's first...

First barbecue of the season last Saturday, just a small one, we used our kettle barbecue, very handy and quick to set up.

We always cook too much, this time we cooked too much of barbecued anchovies, barbequed herring in lemon and parsley, bar-b-q-ed salt and pepper wings, barbied herb and clover honey pork sausages and one or two too many outdoor grilled welsh black beef burgers.

To be healthy we also had some salads and things, and to combat that some beer and wine.

The thing with barbecues is that you eat for hours. Eat and eat as it gets darker and colder and then suddenly you realise that you’ve missed the news and it’s too late to do the washing up - then Misty decides to climb out of Holly’s bedroom window and disappear into the night – but that’s another story.


4 comments:

  1. You can bring me your left overs next time. It sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glynne T Kirkham commented on Facebook:

    "Nice. I got a new barbie for my birthday the other week. It is the one the swedish Olympic barbecue team use. I'll post some pics when I fire it up. "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flora Marriott commented on Facebook:

    "wow that sound good. you need to open a summer barbie restaurant"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love people doing BBQs that I can take part in but as I don't like cooking indoors I can never see the attraction of cooking outdoors!

    ReplyDelete