Friday 23 April 2010

Ding dong bell...

It looked so cosy when I crept in but now that I come to think of it I’m not so sure that getting into this shopping sack was such a good idea.

I’d forgotten that story about naughty Johnny Flynn, the cat serial killer. He killed hundreds of cats by dropping them in the local well. What if Foodies is descended from him? She could be, she has all the requirements - a sack, a cat, the availability of a well (a deep one)… and she looks like a bit of a nutter - particularly when she’s going shopping.

What if she decides to chuck me down the well? If I’m really lucky good old Tommy Stout might pull me out, but what if he’s not around and who is Tommy Stout anyway? Foodies keeps muttering his name but I've no idea who or where he is.

HmmmmHisfault is pretty stout, it could be him, but even if it isn’t him perhaps he’ll help me anyway – I don’t think he’s Tommy though, he doesn’t look like a Tommy.

Oh no, she’s picked up the sack! Is she going to drown me? I don’t deserve it. After all what harm have I done? I know that I’ve tried to kill the mice up at the farm but every time I chase them they run off, so I shouldn’t be punished. It’s this hissing bell's fault I can't catch 'em! How am I meant to catch those juicy mice in Geronwy’s barn with this stupid collar on?

What’s she mumbling?
‘Ding dong bell. Misty’s in the well. Who put her in? Little... Johnny... Flynn. Who pulled her out? Little... Tommy... Stout’.
See I told you she was loony, just listen to her singing away to herself.
What a naughty boy was that to try to drown pooooor Pussycat.’
Why is she smiling like that? I don’t like the look of that smile at all, it’s all slanted and red.
‘Who neeeee'er did any harm but kiiiiill all the mice in the Farmer's barn. Ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaa’.

Oh-oh, I think she’s completely lost it, she’s swinging the bag as she croons and she’s beginning to dribble. Where’s she taking me? Oh no, she’s going over towards the well. Stopppp!

Perhaps I can talk her down… come on Foodies think about the consequences… you don’t want to get you nice shopping sack all wet do you… and think about what the neighbours are going to think when they find a deceased cat in their well… it isn’t very neighbourly is it…I promise I’ll never climb into your shopping sack again.

Hissssssfauuulllltttt!!! Tommy Stouuuut! Help meeeeeee!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no Misty, are you ok? what can I do to help? Shall I send fish?
    Come on Hisfault, spring to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it's worse to be drowned or to be Johnny Flynn? I think I'd rather be drowned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come one, Hisfault, let the cat out of the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foodies wouldn't be so cruel

    ReplyDelete