Friday 30 April 2010

Misty gets her mouse...

GOTCHA!
I did it! I caught a mousey! Okay mousey time to get up now. Now that I’ve caught you feel free to continue on your way. Off you go. Run along. Thanks for playing catchy with me. We did have fun didn’t we?

Why aren’t you moving? Come on get up, the game’s over, you can go now. Off you go, back on your little mousey feet and off you scamper. What’s up mousey? Are you okay mousey? Aren’t you feeling well?

Oh no, I think I’ve deaded it. I didn’t mean to dead it. Sorry mousey, I didn’t mean to hissing dead you. I was only playing a game. Are you sure you won’t get up and run along? Are you sure that you’re deaded and not just pretending or sleepy.

I don’t suppose the kiss of life would work? How about a piece of cheese, would that do it? No I didn’t think so. Only one thing for it – I’ll have to carry the mousey away and give it a decent burial. It’s the least I can do. Oh well, no use crying over spilt mouse, I’ll just have to be a little gentler next time.

Poor mousey, all deaded and when we were both having such fun – swinging him here, swiping him there, tossing him high in the air and catching him. How was I to know that he was going to go and get deaded. That’s the trouble with mouseys they entice you into playing with them, practically beg you to make them your plaything, and then they go and hissing get deaded on you.

Anyway it was its own fault. He should have listened out for the bell. I wonder if he was deaf? I hope I didn’t kill a disabled mouse. Where’s the skill in that?

No definitely not deaf, I catched him fair and square and not my fault if he went and got himself deaded, definitely not my fault…

2 comments:

  1. So glad you overcame the challenge of that hissing bell.Personally think that it is a rather unfair handicap.
    I knew some cats in the good old US of A who were euphemistically called house cats and to add insult to injury had been de-clawed!!! It's a hissing sin I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time you had some lessons in grammar Misty.

    ReplyDelete