Friday 27 March 2020

Pottering...

So here's my blog today. It's more of a blogette really, you know like kitchenette, caravanette, maisonette, luncheonette, but maybe not marionette.

The reason for its brevity is simple. It's been a sunny day, warm and bright, so I've spent my time pottering in the garden (10-4 in true tradesman style). I'm a pretty slow potterer these days, my pottering is half an hour on, half an hour sitting down, half an hour thinking about getting on again (also true tradesman style but without the nipping out for a few hours to get on with another job).

Even so, I'm happy with my progress. The old growing frame that I bought online about eight years ago and brought back dismantled from Manchester as panels and bolts is now remantled (well, if it's dismantled why can't it be remantled?), I've repaired it where it needed it (three 'it's in five words - a new world record!), replaced the screws, strengthened it, washed it down with Jeyes Fluid (I bloody love the smell of Jeyes), and very nearly level. I'm not sure what I'll grow in it yet, but probably tomatoes and peppers. My potato pots now have holes drilled in the bottom ready for planting next week and the wall baskets for my tumbling tomatoes are up on the fence. Pottering is hard and thirsty work and my screwdriver is pretty heavy, so I also had a couple of beers and a glass or two of red wine along the way as all good potterers do. So that's that. Nothing much else to report. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment