Tuesday 31 March 2020

Alan Titchmarsh...

It's all growing well. My windowsill's a jungle of tomatoes, sweetcorn, courgettes and cucumber seedlings. My heated propagator ready to take some more seeds, god knows where I'll put them when they come up. It's all good though, the more I can grow the better, digging for victory is such a good way to pass the time.

Today I'm going to make a potting table out of an old pallet I have. Well, gotta do something to pass the time and a job a day keeps the Coronavirus blues at bay. I'll post a picture when it's done. As always with these things (and this is quite a thing, this Coronavirus bastard) my mind is whirling and my views change moment to moment. It's one of the problems with having a mind that absorbs new information and then adjusts opinions and beliefs accordingly. It's easy to see it as changing my mind or having no rock-solid values and it's easy to piss people off. Well, they piss me off too with the stupidity of there unshakeable views (I'm like that when it comes to not seeing things my way - no apologies I'm usually right). If you'd told me last Christmas that most of the county would be staying at home and, when they do dare to go out, staying six feet away from other people whilst wearing rubber gloves and masks I'd have laughed out loud.  Well just look at things now, we are all dressed to burgle and nobody seems to be bothered. I guess if we all started wearing Burkas to protect ourselves that would be fine too.

And there we have it, people change their minds based upon the situation, at least the survivors, the sensible ones do. All previous firm beliefs are off, at least they are for me and it's like waking up to a different me every morning. That's it for today, I'm off to be Alan Titchmarsh for the day, who knows who I'll be tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment