Wednesday 1 July 2015

Moon bright...

The moon was bright over Cheshire last night and I, yet again, found myself gazing up at it and thinking about those poor dead people on their much awaited holiday beach. How could that happen? As for why, well to me there seems no point asking; the answers are far too complicated and I expect even if I had them I still wouldn't understand. I don't have it in me to be a spree killer you see - not even in the name of an imagined God.

If they did this in the name of God, and all of our Gods must be the same one as there can only be one supreme being, then he must be a pretty shitty God. His followers are pretty shitty too if they can justify evil when religion, for those that need it, must be about understanding and a shared humanity.

Sometimes I want to weep.

There's a silence for those dead holidaymakers on Friday. Of course it won't bring them back or stop it happening again I expect, but let's keep it quiet for a minute, maybe a little longer, and let's not forget that the people that keep us quiet are both few and sickly deranged. Most of us, despite our problems, are not like them and our race, creed, colour, or the Gods we worship doesn't change that.

4 comments:

  1. Kathryn Salthouse on FB
    Yes took the dogs on the golf course just before dark it looked amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz Shore on FB
    Hope you spent it well smile emoticon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Shore on FB
    Hope you spent it well smile emoticon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn Salthouse on FB
    Yes took the dogs on the golf course just before dark it looked amazing

    ReplyDelete