Wednesday 30 April 2014

A cool cat...

With all the grimness in the world I have to say that my cat Luna helps. Nothing seems to bother her. Ferry and plane disasters pass her by, celebrity sex scandals bother her not a jot, the goings on in Coronation street mean nothing to her, and as for the football.

Luna lives in a world of calm and eating and sleeping, getting only the teeniest bit agitated when she wants to be let out to play or when she gets soaked to the skin by rain and rushes in for a good rub dry and a tummy tickle. I swear she only goes out in the rain so that we towel her dry, she purrs and purrs so loudly. Not even that yappy little dog down the road upsets her, she just sits on the wall and teases.

In the evening she sleeps on the sofa, at night she sleeps at the end of the bed, her white hairs leaving behind a trail of evidence.

There’s no doubt that Luna is a calming influence and I think some of her easy going attitude may be rubbing off on me. My world gets calmer and calmer, I eat, I sleep, I go out in the rain, only rushing in for a…

No, best not go there.

11 comments:

  1. Fraser Stewart on FB
    It's true…cats are man's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fraser Stewart on FB
    Oh…and woman's best friend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very PC, if a little belated there Fraser

      Delete
  3. Maggie Patzuk on FB
    Lovely Luna! We need more stories about her adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon Taylor on FB
    she is so pretty how can you refuse her :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmel Payne on FB
    She's sooo pretty!!! It's like having a new baby in the house with my new kitten. Wouldn't be without them though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      She has a secret.

      Delete
    2. Carmel Payne
      Don't they all ?

      Delete
    3. Andrew Height
      Of course. That is why they are cats and not dogs.

      Delete
  6. Andrew Height on FB
    One eye green and one eye blue, but that's not the secret I tell you true. One eye blue, the other green, a secret like there's never been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie Patzuk on FB
    Luna knows all!

    ReplyDelete