Wednesday 9 April 2014

Yell and high water...

I heard a couple of days ago that some of my friends jobs are 'at risk' as they say. Suddenly they are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, some wanting to go but not wanting to lose their jobs, some not wanting to go at all I guess - but maybe having to.

I too have been at all at sea at times over the last few years. I’ve been between Hell and high water, that rock and a hard place, and yes, lost between the devil and the deep blue sea. 

Of course after all the turbulence, the choppy seas, I’ve washed up pretty safely. Maybe not where I thought I wanted to be, but certainly where I needed to be - I think. 

It hasn’t always been plain sailing along the way, but I can see the light on the horizon now.

Unfortunately it seems that for some the journey is just beginning as the ship that we were all travelling on continues on its way down to Davy Jones’ Locker. Even more unfortunately the real rats never left that sinking ship; instead they hung around and are steadily running it towards the rocks.

Make for the lifeboats chaps, women and children first.

1 comment:

  1. Buffey Glandon, Kirk LaRose, Dipika Shah and 10 others like this.

    Andrew Height Yell and high water...

    I heard a couple of days ago that some of my friends jobs are 'at risk' as they say. Suddenly they are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, some wanting to go but not wanting to lose their jobs, some not wanting to go...See More
    13 hours ago · Like · 6

    Carmel Payne What do u do now Andy ?
    12 hours ago · Like

    Andrew Height I'm semi retired Carmel. I paint glass, sell it in my shop currently, write a bit, blog, potter about in the garden, go to my cottage in Wales when I have time. I always planned to ease up mid-50's and I've been very lucky.
    12 hours ago · Edited · Like · 5

    Carmel Payne Sounds very chilled! Is the shop the place u were talking about last night ?
    12 hours ago · Like

    Andrew Height Yep. It's a hobby really. Love the people, hate the politics. Nothing changes!
    12 hours ago · Like · 1

    Andrew Height The wine helps though
    12 hours ago · Like · 2

    Kathryn Salthouse Yes agree Andy a few of us have been there! My decision was very easy, and no regrets! I just hope their decisions go their way, whether it be to stay or go! It took me 2 consultation processes to get what I wanted. And there's definitely life after! x
    12 hours ago · Like

    Andrew Height Sadly, I think those days may have gone Kathryn Salthouse. But fingers crossed for them.
    11 hours ago · Like

    Linda Kemp thanks Andi & all :)xx
    11 hours ago · Like

    Melanie Hickson What u have heard is right Andy worrying times. Its the not knowing. We are in limbo at the moment. Not good.
    11 hours ago · Like

    Andrew Height I know Melanie Hickson. I also know that your friends are there for you and eventually, no matter what, it'll be okay.
    9 hours ago · Like

    Mark McNicholas The whole thing is very worrying for those involved, I have been very lucky but I have empathy for the staff.
    9 hours ago · Unlike · 1

    Andrew Height We mostly come through it Mark McNicholas, but initially it can rock you. It did me.
    8 hours ago · Like

    Maggie Patzuk Hi Anders! Almost 2 months for me and I'm still adjusting. Your entire life changes in an instant! After reflecting on how caught up I was in the day to day politics, drama and stress, I feel like I've been freed from a cult. It's scary but at the same time oddly freeing. I'm trying to focus on the opportunities ahead.
    7 hours ago · Unlike · 1

    Andrew Height Took me quite a while Maggie. But I'm pleased to say that I no longer mind. Yes, I know what you mean about the cult thing. It's so easy to forget that it is just a directory and some not very impressive websites. With all the beauty opportunity around us why did we ever shut ourselves away in windowless meeting rooms wasting our lives on that? What have you planned?

    ReplyDelete