Friday 28 October 2011

Tales from the glass painter's table - Elvis

Baby let me be
Your loving teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear

Not the first Elvis glass I've painted but the other one was Elvis in his white suit persona and cartoony, whilst this is the Elvis I think I prefer to remember. Elvis the rebel, Elvis the heartthrob, Elvis the wiggling hipped, smouldering, sex machine.

Not that I'm a huge Elvis fan, but there is something about that early Elvis that captures the musical and cultural changes that were coming. Don't worry about the purple eye shadow, Elvis only wore it for fun. He was no Little Richard.

Another day, another glass.

Happy 5oth birthday somebodies mum. Hope you like the glass.

Uh, hu, hu - Thank you M'am.

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has now left the building...


3 comments:

  1. Well it had to come... Likes on Facebook:
    Simon Parker, Emma Cholmondeley, David William Height and 2 others like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick Norman commented on Facebook:
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, bet that took some work, well done AKH

    ReplyDelete