Monday 24 October 2011

Line manager robot production required...

Despite what ideal criteria you put in your job searches for the job boards you often get jobs that aren't really for you. I've had everything from nuclear scientist to window dresser and obviously I applied for both.

Looking through the mails that I get daily from Jobsearch, EOTW, My Manchester jobs, Jobrapido, The Ladders, and all the rest, I spotted one that I'd been sent which matched my criteria and was right up my street - well, almost.

'Line Manager Robot Production' the advert declared.

'Mmmm.' I though. 'I could do that. If I can manage people I can easily manage robots.' I read further, I seemed to tick most of the boxes.

Key Tasks:
• Health & Safety Management - tick.
• Operations Management - tick.
• Personnel Management - tick.

Three ticks, not bad. This was the job for me. Some of the requirements though were a little more problematical.

Apart from the ability to read and understand engineering drawings there was also a requirement to be able to weld to a high standard, programme the robots and have an excellent understanding in all principles of welding processes and procedures.

Well, my dad was a welder and with a little practice - after all it can't be that hard can it? Maybe if I just had a little go...

So I did and here it is.

What do you think? Do I get the job?


6 comments:

  1. Catherine Halls-Jukes on facebook:
    he is gorgous, can sit in my house any day and I'll manage him well....better than people..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Brickhill commented Facebook:
    Vicky wrote: "Excellent. Start tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's my flask, some spoons, washers, cake tins, and a hair clip. Maybe he will take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin A W Holmes commented on Facebook:
    "Now that I have a contact in the business, can I pre-order an artoo unit and a translator droid for my uncle...?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and make sure it understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a flask! I am a sentient being!

    ReplyDelete