Sunday 21 March 2010

Early morning mist...

I couldn't sleep last night so as soon as the birds started to sing I crawled out of bed, dressed and went outside into the early morning air. It was really foggy, but not that thick grey blanket fog, this fog was wispy and changed colour as the bright morning sunlight shone through.

I clicked of a couple of photos - into the sun, through the holly tree, by the cottage roof.

Here's how it turned out. It reminds me of the swirls the oil paint made when I made oil paper at art college, floating the thinned paint in a tray of water and lifting the paper up, then out, to catch the wonderful patterns.

It was beautiful paper.

2 comments:

  1. Della Jayne Roberts Facebook fro Australia:

    "There's a beautiful mist these mornings when I look out at the field across the road - means it's going to be another warm day....... I would prefer it to be cold, dark and raining.... but it is autumn ..... but it will never be autumn to me... it should be spring.... and Christmas will never feel like Christmas until I come home and it's winter.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Ogden commented on Facebook:

    Are you sure you're not confusing oil paper with Banks's Mild, mate? I don't remember any oil paper lessons...
    ...but then... it was beautiful beer. Get back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete