Friday 5 March 2010

Cat camp...

The thing about camping is that it is best done in a tent. This is my tent. Rather hissing grand isn’t it? Just look at its plush and as for the colour, such a rich chocolate brown purrrrrr.

The door is just big enough for me to climb in through but not so big that the draughts get in. I hate drafts, particularly on my tail.

Sometimes I climb in and just watch the world go by, at other times I snuggle down and have a snooze. It’s the sort of tent just made for sleeping and best of all my tent is of the indoor variety. I’m an indoor camper type and leave the great outdoors just where it is - outdoors.

I love camping but I wouldn’t want to do it hissing outside. What if it rained? What if I was cold? What if I heard a funny noise? For all I know there are all sorts of nasties outside at night.

I’ve never been outside at night, sometimes I think I want to try it and stand by the back door meowing - but they never let me out and thinking about it I’m hissing well glad that they don’t. Outside at night looks a bit dark to me, a bit dark and a bit dangerous. There might even be thingies about at night.

Better to do my camping indoors where its safe and warm and I can pop downstairs for some food when I want some. Anyway, I can’t sit here chatting with you all day I’ve got some serious sleeping to do and after that I may get them to move my tent downstairs – I fancy a change of scene. Now should I move to the kitchen or the living room?

5 comments:

  1. When we go camping, I always hope to see Babs doing her exercises. It hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Misty about indoor camping - I've only ever tried the outdoor type once and I didn't last the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have done rather a lot of camping Misty ,both in the UK and the US. It's not that bad. Indeed it is so good that my children have requested a camping holiday back in their old haunt of Moelfre, Anglesey; planning a bit of crabbing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very busy with the tent, I see. And she have big existential issues: where to move the tent?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved the tent to the kitchen and then back again - she is always changing her mind.

    ReplyDelete