Wednesday 3 February 2010

Sunrise A64...

Another sunrise? Well, I make no apology for yet another sunrise picture. This was taken on the A64 around York this morning. It was spectacular and lasted for ages. I pulled into a lay-by, stopped the car, snapped off this picture and simply watched the beauty of it all for a few minutes, traffic roaring noisily past as I did so. It was almost as though for one short moment looking up at those wonderful linear clouds, shimmering with colour, aflame with the reflection of the rising sun, that my life was my own and I could do anything I wanted with it. Oh, for a little more time… but no.

So back in the car and spotting the gap and I pull back out into the traffic. Scarborough here I come.

6 comments:

  1. floramcdora tweeted:

    it looked exactly the same from my house as I looked out this morning. A special one. Glad you took a pic. I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen it at Leeds - unfortunately, desperate as I was, I don't have the balls to hard shoulder and snap yet. It was God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Eddison commented on Facebook:

    "beautiful "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drawforjoy Illustrations commented on Facebook:

    You are looking so much at the sky lately. Great Picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Fisher commented on Facebook "Sunrise A64...":

    "I find that unless stationary its always best not to look at the sky when behind the wheel. You may end up in the sky lookin down!!! Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa ha"

    ReplyDelete