Monday 8 February 2010

My mood...

I went for a walk on the beach on Sunday afternoon. A nice sunny day, the light bright on the sea. Even so I wasn't in the best of moods - things are... well things are 'thingy' in some areas of my life at the moment.
Only one thing for it.

Make my mood into one of my creatures and leave it on the beach. Leave it on the beach and walk away from it. Forget it, move on, leave it behind. So, that's what I did. It won't stay away mind. It'll seek me out. Turn up, flap its flutters at me, gnash its rubber gloved bill thing, flutter those red poppy eyes, swish and swash that black plastic tail - turn and bite me again.

That's the thing with moods - you can shrug them off but they'll be back. They simply won't be shrugged - nasty little things.

6 comments:

  1. Tricia Kitt commented on Facebook:

    "aren't they always "thingy"? my things generally are..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floramcdora tweeted:

    Love the sculpture. Don't love the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike King commented on Facebook:

    "Today has been a bad mood day for me today, I sent an e-mail round the team I'm in apologising for the "dark oaths" I was heard muttering......"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about moods. Seems to me that no sooner do I shrug off one black dog than I find another waving at me. Do dogs wave? It would be fun if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too wish that moods could be shrugged off but they have a habit of hanging around don't they

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only if you let them (or so I'm told)!

    ReplyDelete