Tuesday 2 June 2009

Small Pleasures...


s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s s
Small pleasures - number two:

Opening my self-opening car boot.

You would not believe the kick I get each time I press the ‘open boot’ button on my electronic car key. I can open my boot from miles away, even from around corners, so that I'm nowhere to be seen when it springs into action. I love to hear the ‘CLICK!’ as the boot unlocks and I watch enthralled as the boot slowly rises as if by magic - 'CLICK!' - before your very eyes!

I think that there must be a little Marquis de Sade in all of us, I'm sure that he's lurking within me. Sometimes I wait until some innocent is passing before pressing the button – they usually jump in surprise as the boot unlocks. It’s sneaky but it’s fun. Once a little girl of about four screamed out loud and ran to her Mum crying – I felt quite guilty… but after all, I was only opening my boot, it wasn’t my fault, and she calmed down, tears dried, pants changed... eventually.

How delicious, what a hoot, particularly when it’s an old lady! ‘CLICK!’ - I often see the poor old grannies gasp as the boot goes off alongside/behind/in front of them. One dropped her shopping bag, no eggs thank goodness.

Perhaps I should keep a defibrillator in the boot along with the shrimping nets, portable barbecue, and cloud spotting books - just in case.

I love my self-opening boot – it affords me such scrumptiously naughty pleasure.

5 comments:

  1. But does it close at the touch of a button? Here where the living is easy, car doors slide open and shut, trunks up and down, hatches likewise.
    My trusty eeeeeeeenormous suburban, which would easily carry all of the above , merely has central locking and A/C not even an on board DVD. How very tame.
    Desperately trying to think of small pleasures but......nope nothing doing. No imagination see..but wait I have one...when somebody ahead of me pays my bridge toll. So far happened twice and I have saved $2.Way to go Idaho..but in Floriduh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when a car radio was an 'extra'.

    Small pleasures? How about the smell of a new book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a DVD in the car, I just tell everybody that's so 1990's and I've converted my films to mpegs and I watch them on portable media. Usually shuts them up.
    My favourate car related pleasure at the moment is if I hold down the unlock button on the key for 5 seconds, all of the windows wind themselves down. What will those boffins at NASA come up with next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm more impressed by the number plate in the photo than the boot - is that your car?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is my car - but I have to admit the number plate is photoshop.

    ReplyDelete