Monday 1 June 2009

Rubbery Duck...


Hello again.

back off my hols with much to tell... if I have any readers left after my break that is. If you are reading please let me know, I need the reassurance.
-
This certainly has been a holiday for making friends for Dubby. First Dilly and now...well, this is Huey, one of the three ducklings Holly has just bought and is keeping up at the farm with the chickens, the dog, and the lambs.
-
The other two ducklings are called Louey and Dewey. I bet you guessed that though didn't you? Holly is planning on making them a pond at the farm, goodness knows how she's going to do that - but that is what she's intending.
Anyway, this one along with the other two are meant to be Christmas dinner - I'll let you know if they ever are.
-
You don't need to worry though Dubby. You are too rubbery - as the man in the Chinese restaurant said... to which the waiter replied 'thank you velly much'.

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you are back. Suffering severely from blogging deficiency.
    But who looks after the ducks when you aren't in Wales?and the lambs etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele - good to be back - you have no idea how hard it can get when I can't blog my stuff - and I'm missing BD's.

    We have a friendly Welsh farmer who looks after Holly's menagerie when we aren't around. His name is Geronwy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geronwy. What a gret name. You don't get many of those in Fort Myers, Florida. Skips and Chucks and Tanners but definitely nothing poetic like Geronwy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geronwy Roberts - he's a very interesting character. First time I saw him it was New Years Eve 1998. It was just after midnight (so 1999 really)he was walking up the lane with a sheep tied to a piece of baling twine following him, carrying a tiny lamb on his shoulder. It was so weird to the towny that I was then that I thought I was drunk (which I was).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me think of Gabriel Oak and Bathsheba Everdene.

    ReplyDelete