Friday 26 June 2009

Remove the collar....

Misty’s been up to her old tricks again. Opening draws and removing stuff, this time it’s the pritt stick. I guess it’ll turn up eventually. At least Misty and Dubby seem to be getting on. I saw them both playing cat’s cradle together with a piece of string the other day. Who’d have thought that a cat and a duck could get on so well together? Haven’t seen Dubby for a couple of days though, I wonder where he is….

Okay I mean business. If Hisfault doesn’t do what the note tells him to as soon as he gets it, then that duck GETS IT! The duck’s a gonner, a deceased duck, as dead as the proverbial. Well, when I say dead… maybe not dead, but certainly a little ruffled, as a minimum - quite definitely purrplexed.

Talking of the duck I’d better check on him. That’s odd, I’m sure that’s his blindfold in the corner - it is! What? Where is he? He’s not hissing here! Where’s he gone? He’s hissing escaped! How on fish-heads did he manage that? He was all trussed up like a chicken. Those knots were as tight as… well, as tight as knots.


He’ll be around here somewhere. He can’t hide forever. Wait, look! The doors open! By Mu-Mu he’s made a run for it. He’s got outside. Well, he’s not getting away that easily; he’s my way out of this hissing collar.

Let’s have a good look around. Where are you Dummy? Where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are. Come out Dubby - I’m not in the mood for games, you are my prisoner, and I’m holding you to ransom… it took me ages to put that note together and I’ve got glue all over my paws. Come out I tell you!

He has to be here somewhere. He can’t have simply vanished. Let’s have a closer look… can’t see him anywhere, but I’m sure that I can smell him. Maybe he’s hiding in the plants. Let’s have a proper look… gently does it - slowly, slowly catchy monkey, or in this case ducky. I bet he’s in here somewhere hiding behind the foliage. Are you there Dummy? Are you there? No, I can’t see him.

.





WHAT was THAT? I’m sure I heard a noise, a kind of slapping, rushing, make-a-run-for-it kind of noise. Was that Dubby? No it couldn’t be - ducks can’t move that fast, ducks waddle, they’re not built for speed like us cats… so where is he? Where is he?

He’s has to be here somewhere, he’s has to be, I want to lose this collar. Dubby! Dubby! Come to Misty! I have a nice tweety for you…


There he is! Oh look, how sweet, Dubby and Dilly. Don’t they look pleased to see each other? By the look of all their billing and cooing, you’d think that they hadn’t seen each other for days. I think we should leave them alone - they obviously have some catching up to do…

7 comments:

  1. That's the problem with cats; they don't understand love. Well, only in the sense that Paris Hilton understands it. You might want to trade Mistys collar for a sack and a brick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. r.shore isn't very nice is he? He better watch out just in case he is involved in a catastophe, I love the taste of brake cables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My I am honoured. I actually met the ducks in person yesterday! (or in 'duck'). Just like meeting a film star, you think that the film star is going to be 6 foot tall. But instead the film star in person is 4 foot nothing.
    Same with the ducks! There I was expecting to meet the mighty ducks, and they were very mini sized indeed. Small, but perfectly formed.
    At least they didn't wear stack heels like Dustin Hoffman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So The Explorer, Hisfault has introduced you to Dummy has he? Friday isn't even Dummy's show, it is my show, he just happened to get a part in it. I am the star of Friday! But you don't mention me do you? Oh no, it's all Dummy, Dummy, Dummy!

    It's not fair, just because I don't have a cute little quiff I don't get the recognition I deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring it on cat. I have a size 9 with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok enough disrespect for Misty - I say take the collar off

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks BMD - at least you understand, thanks. Purrr, purrr, purrrrr.

    ReplyDelete