Thursday 17 March 2016

Watch...

I knew this would lead me to verse eventually. It’s hard to believe that only a week or so ago Joan was being her normal annoying self and nagging me to change her watch battery. Of course when I went to my watch battery stash I didn't have the right size and made a mental note to get to the pound shop and get some. Then with all that kafuffle with her hip I didn't get there, but that didn't stop her nagging me about it. Then came the stroke and now there seemed to be little point in changing when she can't lift her arm to look or even see the time if she could.


Watch

I have a watch,
It’s not mine,
And if you were older
This would rhyme with eighty-nine.
But you are not
And that bloody clot
Makes my changing of the battery
Insignificant.
Just how many times have I changed it?
Keeping you in time with your life again?
I don’t know,
A few times at least,
You really can be a pain.
So here’s the deal,
If you want to know the time
Don’t ask a policeman.
Just wake up.
I’ve put that bloody battery in.

1 comment:

  1. Denise
    Smart Great news xx

    Sharon Taylor
    I hope you told her that her watch is working again xxxx

    Kathryn Taylor Salthouse
    That's a bit of hopefulness Andy, I was thinking of your MIL today when we had to get the crash team at our hospital for a young lady today. I hope she makes a full recovery - love to Gaynor x

    Anne Donaldson
    baby steps xx

    Kate Bell
    Fantastic news!! Xx

    Lucy Whitehead
    Lovely!x

    Lorna Gleadell
    Great news xx

    Clare Pritchard
    Brilliant news x

    Buffey Glandon
    Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery

    Cath Dalton
    Thats good news to hear Andrew may she go from strength to strength xx

    Steph Rogers
    That's a step further for her, do hope she continues to get better

    George Williams
    Andy, how about "Reckless endangerment: A person commits the crime of reckless endangerment if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person."

    Andrew Height
    Taking legal advice now.

    George Williams
    Also, did you try the music?

    Andrew Height
    Yes thanks. Glenn Miller.

    Linda Kemp
    my mum was just the same, about the "little jobs", used to annoy my husband too wink emoticon Good to hear of the wave xx

    Laura Keegan
    Wonderful! I Hope she continues to improve x

    Lindsey Messenger
    So please, hope we hear more good news tomorrow.... Hope you are telling her about all her followers xx

    Andrew Height
    Yes, thanks Lindsey.

    Catherine Halls-Jukes
    Positive thoughts to you all

    Maureen Dalliday
    Wonderful news Andy...keep positive. Xx

    Gloria Brown
    Oh that is very good news xx

    Stephen Mcaleer
    Glad to hear it Andy; good luck

    ReplyDelete