Sunday 10 March 2013

Shang-a-lang

So another year down the tubes. Somehow I don't have quite the same enthusiasm as I did for birthdays as I did as a child. It isn't that I don't enjoy them - I do - it's just that I hate another one rolling around bringing promises of new aches and pains and all the other stuff that getting older brings with it.

Excuse me a moment....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sorry, I needed a wee and if I don't go when I feel it, well let's just say my wife complains about the all the washing.

I was surprised to be personally wished happy birthday by the WWW this morning. It was Google actually. Yes, Google wished me a happy birthday by name and posted a birthday picture for me when I logged on this morning. To be honest I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. They know my birthday, they know my name - surely they can't know about my increasing forgetfulness and how I say 'they don't write songs like that any more' and nod my head sagely whenever I hear the Bay City Rollers.

Google search or I'm feeling lucky?

Well, maybe I wasn't after all - a doin doo wop be dooby do ay.

And then of course there were my Facebook friends, all wishing me a happy birthday and clogging up my timeline all prompted by a Facebook flag. Seriously though, it was great that they took the time to drop me a message. Thanks to you all, there really was no need - and for those of you who didn't (and you know who you are) there really was no need (but it would have been nice).

So there we go, another one down and who knows how many more to come?

Shang-a-lang, as they say.

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about having another birthday - you don't look 65 but I'm sure you once did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had hundreds of Birthday wishes on FB. Nice of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    Bay city rollers! I can picture you in those stripy socks and platforms xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malcolm Chorley on Facebook.

    Happy belated Birthday......tried to write on your blog yesterday but the f*****g thing would not let me

    ReplyDelete