Thursday 7 March 2013

Cat worrying...

I worry about my cat. I worry about here every time I let her out. I worry if I’ve done the right thing – will she come home / get lost / get run over / get hurt? I worry when she doesn’t want to go out. This week so far she has lost two collars, so I worry about how she lost them. Is someone trying to steal her? Did she get hooked up in a bush and almost strangle herself? I worry that she isn’t eating enough. I worry that she isn’t eating properly. I worry when she eats too much. I worry when she sleeps too much. I worry when she moults too much. I worry when I hear a cat howling outside that it might be her. I worry when I hear a dog barking that she’s being chased. I worry when she darts across the road. I worry when she hasn’t used her litter tray. I worry when she isn’t affectionate. I worry when she doesnt purr. I worry when she’s too affectionate. I worry when she won't stop purring. I worry that I'm worrying too much over her. I worry that I'm not worrying enough over her.

Hmmm… I thought cats were meant to be calming. I wonder if she worries about me?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.
    Completely unrelated was listening to an archive interview of Bowie tonight on radio4 Front Row.
    Interesting stuff.Cf last week's interview with Robbie Williams... duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard that interview. I wonder when he'll do another. That one was 10 years old, I heard some of the Robbie one too.

      Delete
  2. Ian Maclachlan on FB
    I am a worrier too, however a cat will do what IT wants without a thought for the loving owner. When you see the cat be happy and when it isn't around don't worry. It will turn up... Having said that I know how devastated I have been in the past and would be in the future should anything awful happen so putting my advice into practice isn't easy but is worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorna Gleadell on FB
    I worry about you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CF by email

    Jamie's cat not mine! Love the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised you still devote so much of your time to thinking about sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking, not doing and only then thinking about it as something other people do. It should read 'booze' really.

      Delete