Friday 22 March 2013

Seeds...

I keep thinking that I should take a break from blogging, after all there are only so many things that you can write about and eventually I’m sure to run out of things to say. In fact if it wasn’t for the weather and its effects I’d really have nothing much to write about today. Freezing isn’t it? Really cold for almost the end of March. What is going on I wonder as I listen to the wind swirling the snow around outside?

Ah bliss! This time last year I was sat outside in my yard garden in the mornings drinking coffee in my shirtsleeves. This time last year I had planted out some of my seedlings and they were already beginning to thrive.

Fast forward 12 months of haywire weather and this year it is so cold in my yard garden that the sap froze in my daffodil stems. This year my seedlings remain on my kitchen work surfaces the stems getting longer and longer as each day passes.

My seeds have germinated really well, I have dozens of ipomoea through and my scabious are beginning to come through. I’m looking for a blue theme this year. Yes, I know, I know, but I want a bit of a change from the Mediterranean feel I’ve gone with the last couple of seasons. Even so I’m growing some orange nasturtiums and a few sunflowers – well summer wouldn’t be summer without them and the blackfly.   

I’ve planted some of my seedlings into peat pots to try and calm them down a little, but I really need to get some of them into the ground outside. At the minute though there’s no chance of that – the ground is far too cold.

That’s that. Maybe I really should take a break from blogging.

4 comments:

  1. Paul Whitehouse on FB
    I never have a problem spreading my seed

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sharon Hutt on FB
    I'm just about to tart mine off indoors. Will we ever actually get a summer to enjoy them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil Fishwick on FB
    Julie has lots of seeds growing and n the house too and is just like you "will I ever get them planted!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    it,s ok....it grows on you

    ReplyDelete