Monday 18 March 2013

Escapology…


Looks like after all these years I’m getting to know the ropes. They get a little closer with each passing day and I wonder if soon I might be on them.

Ropes; this isn’t the way it was meant to work out, tying ropes to the clouds and jumping. This wasn’t in the plan. I’m freefalling, just waiting for the bump at the end. How did that happen? I made provision. Sensibly denied myself all those things I would have liked just to protect my future and now all that are left are clouds and ropes and bottles to drown in.

Yes, not everything makes sense. Lesson learnt. But when nothing makes sense…

Watch me fly through the air with the greatest of ease. Now you see me, now you don’t. The one and only… the greatest show on Earth…and ‘Hey presto!’ - The lady vanishes.

So tie the ropes to my ankles. Yeah, that wasn’t the way it was meant to work out at all. And heck, how did that happen? Maybe the sky was just too big and it escaped, or maybe the ropes held tight, or maybe the life of a trapeze artist isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be. Peter Allen and John Walby would know.

3 comments:

  1. David Bell on FB
    Know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Kemp on FB
    as long as the rope's not round your neck..... keep flying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height That is the trick. didn't work for Houdini though.

      Delete