Wednesday 13 March 2013

Here’s one I did earlier…

It seems to be one of those days when inspiration is not only in short supply, but has packed its bag and left without even a goodbye. Hopefully it’s just gone off on a break and will return refreshed and full of ideas because I don’t have any.

On days like this I find my mind returning to Dubby the duck.

Ah, Dubby – arch enemy of Misty the cat, explorer, hero of my rubber duck soap opera ‘Little Duckington’. I often wonder what he’s up to. The last I heard of him he was off on honeymoon with Doris, newly married and leaving behind the terrible murder of the local duck vicar.

Yes, my Dubby days - they all seem so long ago and far away now.

Sometimes I think that I might bring him back. Probably not in a ‘Little Duckington’ tale, they are a lot of work - this photo alone took me hours to set up and the only bit of Photoshop is the smoke from Dubby’s fag. The rest is real. Well, when I say real, staged upon my kitchen table.

Yes, maybe it’s time for the return of Dubby... Dubby II - the sequel.

Perhaps I’ll make him darker this time. Yes, The Dark Duck... Watch this space.

2 comments:


  1. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Tut tut Dubby did you not know it,s no smoking day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    Ive missed those ducks!

    ReplyDelete