Sunday 25 July 2010

A small Friday thought from Wales...

A small thought to share with you.

This is the view that explodes on me as I drive down from the mountain from Llithfaen as I turn the corner beyond Pistyll and drive towards our tiny Welsh cottage in Edern, ready for another weekend.

Such magical names and not pronounced at all as read. Llithfaen is Cliffvine, Pistyll is Pisterth and Edern, well drop the ‘r’ and we may have Eden, and in many ways it is.

Looking across the double bays of Nefyn and Morfa Nefyn, on towards Porth Dinllaen with the Ty Coch (the pub on the beach) an invisible (but minds-eyed) red speck in the distance, I'm almost home, almost there, and I feel my body relax and some, often most, of my worries drift away.

Relaxxxxxxx.

Another place, another world, almost another me - and here's the small thought - anything is possible here, anything may happen, anything.

Anything? Maybe it’s not such a small thought after all.

6 comments:

  1. It looks so peaceful, and what lovely colours in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill Nelmes commented Facebook:

    "Must be a beautiful thing to see at the end of a long week :0)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill's right and she puts it so well. That is what I'm seeing, not the scenery but the end of a long week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Atkinson commented on Facebook:

    "Beautiful words and photos, crackin photo's. I was in Wales this weekend didn't see any of the sun that's got its hat on in your photographs. Also got a bug which has pinned me to the lavatory for 24hrs. Nice puffins though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The land of the gods...and Merlin.
    Dont let life get you down.
    Look closer and what you have.
    You will see a lot.

    ReplyDelete