Friday 16 July 2010

Ride‘em Misty…

So this is a horse.

Doesn't look much. I don’t know why the Whirling Dervish Girl Thing makes such a fuss about them, all they this one seems do is stand in the corner and stare. It doesn’t even sleep, and I’ve never seen it eating. But the WDGT rides one all the time I’ve heard, so there must be something in it.

Well, what’s so hard about riding? It doesn't look very hard and I had no problem mounting this Dobbin, one leap and I was in the saddle, totally in control, fully in charge of my steed - no hissing problem.

Right, time for a canter, time to take the reins and get this thing moving. Come on Dobbin, giddy-up, giddy-up, let's get movin' - WAGONSSSSS ROOOOLLLLLLL!!!

Move will you, goddarnit, you lazy critter! Why am I doing all the hissing work!

4 comments:

  1. As a child I always wanted a rocking horse - ah well, maybe in my old age

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is hand-crafted, hand painted, real horse hair and beautifully made from a single piece of oak.

    It takes up a lot of space but was bought by a doting grandmother for far too much money - even so I'd sell it - after all,
    it'd pay for a years university fees at least.

    Thing is, I can't forget how the 1940's film 'The Rocking Horse Winner' ended. I'd never ride it, but if I did it might not let me off and it might not be a very good idea to try to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing to add to my extensive list of " Didn't haves".

    Humph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you had books though Michelle, and in all honesty who needs much else?

    ReplyDelete