Wednesday 28 July 2010

Ju-Ju Jesus Peanut

This is the Ju-Ju Jesus Peanut. I don’t know where he came from - he just appeared one day, drifting out from the tip of my black fibre tipped drawing pen, flawed line, by cracked and broken line.

The Holy Peanut - performer of the Miracles, resurrector of the ducks, carrier of the portable cross, he has the hoodoo voodoo, he has the voodoo hoodoo - he wears the hoodoo voodoo heart.

He lives the life - chased across the desert and captured by the Cow Poke, imprisoned in Smudge’s Greatest Show on Earth, rescued by the Whirling Dervish, worshipped by the Pini, the fish processing people of All Souls, chased by Dali’s cats, set free by the Sonia, she who neeeeee’s, lost in King Uzal’s jungle mines, and the constant thorny thorn in the sidey side of Flavius.

One day Ju-Ju Jesus I will tell your story, one day.

All hail the Holy Peanut

7 comments:

  1. Love the Ju-Ju Jesus peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true believer Glynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil Morgan commented on Facebook:

    I do do ju ju hoodoo voodoo ju do ju ju hoodoo voodoo Andy?

    "That's who I saw in my fever soaked dream, he promised me the world between bouts of darkness and African thunderstorms. You've captured him perfectly Andy with your words and picture."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you have finallly lost it Tank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spooky & slightly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that story. You should tell it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony Payne e-mailed:

    Andi your mind and abilities are meant for a greater world than ours.
    Long live Ju Ju Jesus Peanut.
    I eagerly await for the stories to unfold.

    ReplyDelete