Sunday 13 September 2009

Little Duckington Episode 7 – And finally...

Well, that’s it, the week of excitement in Little Duckington is over, the weddings done, and Dunny and Delilah are off on duckymoon. Nobody knows where they are going, but I’m sure that it’s somewhere not too far away; Ducklington in Oxfordshire maybe, or Drakes Broughton in Worcestershire, perhaps Gooseford in Devon, or of course there’s always Swansea in Wales – Swansea’s always good for a duckymoon. I’m sure that wherever they end up they’ll have a good time.

At least everybody will hear them coming. The Daves have broken away from their card game have and tied some old beer cans to the back of the car. The ‘just married’ signs are a dead giveaway, not that they need signs: I think the pinkness of Delilah’s ‘going away’ outfit and that little pillbox hat shouts out that they are newlyweds. Dunny’s cap is very jaunty - I didn’t know that he smoked and I don’t think he’ll be smoking for long – Delilah will see to that.

So there they go, off to wherever to start their married life. By the looks of Dunny’s case, that’s it strapped to the running board of the car, he’s been all over, China, Italy, Egypt. Australian ducks are like that, they need to be on the move, they’re travellers. I wonder how he’ll adapt to life in Little Duckington, it can be very quiet, hardly anything ever happens…

6 comments:

  1. I'm confused - I thought Delilah was getting married - why do you refer to Delores? I think you called her that yesterday also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Father O' Mallard?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the error - I wrote this in a haze of toothache agony - the error has been put right although I am still in agony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no problem it's just that I thought I was losing the plot somewhere! Hope tooth ache goes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. I never thought I'd be reading a blog about plastic ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a good WOW or a bad WOW Glynne?

    ReplyDelete