Wednesday 9 September 2009

Little Duckington Episode 4 – Here comes the Bride…

Delilah’s carriage awaits - just look at that motor car, what a beauty! They don’t make them like that any more. It’s a Brentley Goose convertible, one of only twenty made; of which this is one of three surviving, in the original goose-bill orange. Look at how the chrome gleams.

The driver, Duane, has had this car for years. It’s his pride and joy. He bought it from a scrap yard and restored it himself. It took him months to track down all the parts he needed, and twice as long to bring it up to this condition. He only uses it for weddings, christenings and the occasional trip out to the seaside; I amazed that he’s letting Delilah and Dunny hire it for their duckymoon, they must be paying through the bill for it.

I see Duane’s put on the blue chauffeur’s cap and white bow tie for the occasion – very smart, he always was a snappy dresser.

Doesn’t Delilah look fine on the back of the Brentley. The neck-clasp was her mother’s and is very old, the veil’s new and made from finest eider-silk, her headdress was borrowed from her sister Dianna, and driver Duane is blue – ‘something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue’ – the full set, so she should be in line for plenty of good luck in the future.

Here they come, pulling up by the side of the church, and I can see the bridesmaids lining up ready to go into the church behind her. That’s it, get in line – one, two, two, spread out a little – there’s not really room for the classic ‘V’ formation in the church, so lets get a photograph of it outside for the album. Hop up onto the bonnet Duane.

Hold it, and all say cake-crumbs, one, two, three - that’s it! Thanks very much, we’ll take some more photographs later - it’s time to go into the church. I can here the music starting up.

Ready everyone? Okay, this is it! Here Comes The Bride…








7 comments:

  1. I've seen Duane on one of my crime reports. He is a well known car thief in Dunkington, when he says he 'restored' the Brentley he is not being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew something bad was going to happen ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. just noticed the size difference between Duane and Delilah - hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ducks are like that - I'm so glad that you like it - best to come though I think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm beginning to believe in ducks. It reminds me of the stuff you wrote in Agony - it had everyone confised and worried - we were lucky we just go a three day suspension.

    You are as mad as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping that i am still getting my friday spot. I do have a contract.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crikey - Misty does have a point there

    ReplyDelete