Wednesday 22 August 2012

Stormy sky...

I walked home in a bit of a rush this evening. No, it wasn't what was waiting for me when I got there it was what was threatening to break above my head. Stormy skies, looked like I might get drenched and, as always, I was unprepared; no umbrella, no coat and I was wearing flip-flops. There's nothing worse than wet flip-flops in the street, on the beach - yes, but not on the street, not when you're rushing, not when you're whistling.

Whistling?

I don't know why but as I rushed along in my flip-flops, well at least doing my poor impersonation of rushing, I found myself whistling; the words of a song popping into my head as I whistled and rushed. 'There may be trouble ahead. But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance. Let's face the music and dance. Before the fiddlers have fled. Before they ask us to pay the bill and while we still have the chance. Let's face the music and dance.' 

Maybe it was the threat of rain; 'there may be tear-drops to shed' - who knows

Funny how one thing triggers another thing. 

3 comments:

  1. Colin Tickle on Facebook:
    but while there's moonlight and music and love and romance....

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sandra Bouguerch on FB:
    wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete