Friday 10 August 2012

Same day, some day…


Somehow and somewhere this week I missed a day, well when I say missed it, lost it would be more accurate. It kind of evaporated into the ether. I think it might have been last Monday that I lost… or was it Wednesday? I seem to remember Tuesday, but Thursday was my Wednesday and until my wife told me that it was actually Friday today - and not tomorrow - last Wednesday evening (which was actually my Thursday)… well, I’m sure that you can understand my dilemma.

There was a time not long ago that my outlook calendar informed me where I should be and for what and at what time, hour by hour, synchronised and alarmed though my phone, and all kept in my trusty paper book too – just in case. I could tell you my exact movements for at least three weeks to come, and some things were scheduled months in advance and set to repeat, and repeat, and repeat. I knew who I was seeing, for what, face-to-face, teleconference, or video, which city, which continent, flight times, mileage, delays, traffic jams… it was such a busy life.

The thing is these days I’m just too laid back - hence my lost day.

These days I have my ‘routine’.

It hardly ever changes - get up at 7.30, feed the cat, make a coffee, read my mails, maybe apply for a job or two, read some blogs, check Facebook, make some comments, make a sandwich, pack my bag, walk to my Wonderful Wacky World of Glass, fulfil my commissions (if I have any), eat my lunch, write a blog article, maybe write another, walk home, have a beer, listen to the Archers, upload my blog, check Facebook, if its my turn - prepare dinner, take a shower, have a glass of wine, check my mails, eat dinner, wash up, respond to my mails, have a glass of wine, have a glass of wine, watch the news, have a glass of wine, clean my teeth, go to bed, read, go to sleep, wakeup, go back to sleep, wakeup, go back to sleep, wakeup, go back to sleep, get up at 7.30.

Ah yes, routine – how mind numbingly comforting, soma for the overactive underactive mind, deadening, soullessly samey… but rather pleasant actually.

Maybe I had two Mondays, who knows? Oh well, what does it matter that I missed a day? After all, did I really miss that much?

3 comments:

  1. Sandra Bouguerch on FB
    my dad lost yesterday think its going to be upsetting soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Mmmmm maybe you lost it in a glass of wine.....:-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Lindsey, but I lost it somewhere.
    Sandra, I'm sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete