Tuesday 7 August 2012

At its best…

What a surprise. I think I may have caught it at its best this morning. I sneaked out, and there it was all alive and blooming. Of course it’s been building up to it for weeks and suddenly here it was – my yard at it’s best, only just for a moment... my moment. BIG KISS!

Just look at it; the hollyhock, the ipomoea I grew from seed, my wall trained nasturtiums, the aubrietia, pansies, sunflowers, cosmos, geraniums, salvia, and all the rest. Even my tomato plants are turning red.

It is all a small wonder. SMILEY FACE!  

It won’t last of course, with august arrived it’s all downhill from here. Soon everything will get just that little bit too lush, the flowers will start to get too big and go over too quickly, the slugs will start to rally and chomp and the blackfly will get too many for my spray… and then its Autumn. B'RRRRRR!

But all that is to come. For now I’ll just sit out in the morning and drink coffee, sit out in the evening and drink wine… and enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful poem, you were even Sparky back then. Good night.

      Delete
  3. Sonya Tickle commented on Facebook:
    "Wow - this is what I would like to aim for - looks beautiful"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma Cholmondeley commented on Facebook: "Looks beautiful and very serene. I can just imagine sipping coffee and Disaronno in the early morning sun :-) "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey Messenger Facebook: "looks so beautiful..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ian Maclachlan commented on Facebook: "That looks a very peaceful haven."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook:
    Can imagine relaxing there with a Pimms or chilled glass of white. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul Whitehouse on Facebook:
    "I never can find the wife's Clematis ! "

    Andrew Height Thank God you are there Paul, the obvious is never at risk whilst you are so with us. By the way, did you ever find Jayne's Tithonia's?

    Paul Whitehouse They are starting to wilt a bit now so I plan to train them up my Dicksonia !

    Andrew Height Paul - this is why you are legend. Please never change!

    Paul Whitehouse Well you know what they say ...' you can take the boy out of Dale, but you can't take Dale out of the boy.' blimey that sounds a bit GAY !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long and tall and lean and lovely... there was brandy too.

      Delete
  10. B. Kapral on Facebook:
    having come in from a bike ride, had a coffee sitting in my vast overgrown garden, which I now need to tackle, I looked at yours and thought that your garden would be perfect for me so beautifully planted, lots of pots and a wall! That is my dream to have a walled garden you can keep your timber fences which have to be painted, which rot away and which age to a tumbledown splintering mess, unlike a wall which ages to look mellow and loved. B

    ReplyDelete