Saturday 10 March 2012

Fifty-four to fifty-five...

So here’s another March 10.

I’ve seen a few now. This year though it all steps up a gear as all those tick boxes that were previously ticked 49-54 will now be ticked 55-60.

What’s that banging I hear? Sounds like a something made of steel being pounded into something made from wood, plywood probably.

March 10th again. I saw this one in with a doodle, crossing from one year to another with a splash of paint, a smudge of ink, a spill of wine and a drop or two of blood. Just the usual really.

Here I am ‘fifty-four to fifty-five’ – a slash of paint and a nudge of ink. All the years and thoughts - changed by time and really still the same. A wine or two, some laughs, some hurts, things remembered, things best forgot. All the things I asked for and all the things I never asked for. People lost, people found. Memories cherished like chilled vodka and memories filed under ‘F’. All the things I expected and all the things I never expected. Promises made and promises broken, fears and flings and feathers blown out on the wind, scars and smiles, talks and conversations, arguments and silences and a drop or two of blood and sweat and tears.

Just the usual really.

Fifty-four to fifty-five.

Happy Birthday me.


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Shore on Facebook:
    that's a magnificent painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Number 2 I appreciate your appreciation and good judgement.

      Delete
    2. and Francis Bacon wasn't available.

      Delete
  3. Emma Cholmondeley on Facebook:
    Loved the blog and doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky Sutcliffe on Facebook:
    Outstanding image ..... In all senses x

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Bell on Facebook:
    Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drawforjoy Illustrations likes this.

    ReplyDelete