Tuesday 10 May 2011

Big Ripple...

After all that sunshine the rain had to come. Always does. What surprised me is just how long we went without a storm, but when it came, it came hard. Blue to black in less time than it takes to lose a smile - then a drenching rain pounding the surface water on the lake.

Black water, ripple on ripple, crossing and crossing again. Can’t drag my eyes from that surface. Wondering if that is how it all started. Not a big bang at all but a single raindrop falling from somewhere into that blackness. Causing a ripple, spreading out and out and out from centre.

That lake, so still in the moment before, then raindrops hit water and ripple. I could watch that outward movement for hours, hypnotic movement - it draws me in, catches me up until I’m locked and caught in that big ripple.

I’m caught in this big ripple, can’t drag my eyes from the surface.

Caught in this big ripple, I'd been mishearing it for years so I guess I can claim the thought as my own. Still a red car in the fountain though.

Caught in this big ripple. Maybe we all are and what happens when the ripple fades to flat? Will an echo remain?

1 comment:

  1. Glynne T Kirkham commented on Facebook:
    Love the pic. The dodgy weather recently has brought back the beautiful clouds. There were some beaut clouds this weekend.

    ReplyDelete