Friday 6 May 2011

Lost followers…

So just where have all my followers gone?

Time was when I was getting hits and comments in abundance but now my pageviews are diminishing and comments declining. Even some of my oldest friends have deserted me it seems.

Why? I don’t think I’m doing anything differently. I think I still have something to say. Maybe they’ve just tired of me, after all the public can be fickle; just look at Edgar Wallace.

As Oscar Wide once said ‘There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about… and that is not being talked about’. Only in my case it seems to be about not being read.

So where are they? On holiday? In prison? Down the pub?

Or are they out there in their own personal wildernesses?

Maybe I should retrace my steps, after all that’s what they tell you to do when you have lost something. Or check all my pockets, things are often about your person when you don’t expect them to be. For instance I lost my phone yesterday, I couldn’t find it anywhere. It was only when I mentioned it to the person I was on the phone to that I realised that I had it in my hand and was using it.

Maybe I’m losing more than followers… marbles maybe? Maybe that's why I'm losing them.

I suppose I could try magic. I could get my crystal pendulum and try to find my lost followers that way, or cut myself a dousing stick and wait for it to wobble. Or maybe I should just feel the love I have for them, maybe that will make them return.

Love you guys!

Or perhaps they are simply lost to me no matter what I do.

Well, wherever they are I wish them well and hope that rather than each of them being lost in a personal wilderness that they are lost ina personal Eden.

I’m off to find my marbles. I hope that somebody reads this.

20 comments:

  1. But Andy, you're such a hard habit to break... I guess the problem is that when you tell us things, you say all that needs to be said so there's nothing more for we the "notyou" to add.

    Either that or the pageview counter isn't working properly (but I'll bet you are at least still getting double figures at the very least). M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry Butch, I'm still here.
    May not be writing much but after fighting all those bandits together, I will always be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out in my own personal wilderness; where vast amounts of my money is lost in the USA,daughters have seizures and are rejected by Universities( how triple dog dare they) despite brilliant results and a tremendous work ethic, teenage son behaves in a manner which makes me wish unspeakable things and life is in the doldrums. Read a book a few years ago called When will there be good news. Still waiting and hoping and sorry about the rant.
    Hope you find some light at the end of your tunnel

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could get the blog to accept my comments each time that would help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey.....it worked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you are distilling followers to be left with the quality. Reductions often have a much better taste.

    With your image I was looking forward to some childhood recollections of playing marbles in the school yard. Ahh the days of having a cloth bag full of marbles. The result of hard won battles. Have you already done marbles? Or alleys as we called them in Manchester. Always happy to have a few dobbers if you know what I mean. I digress from your blog... but I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still here, Andy. Still reading, still laughing (loved the phone bit), still learning. I don't get to read every entry, but I dip in when I can. And I'll always keep coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andy, I'm reading.
    This week I went to an Unconference, at which there were a team of 4 very talented people creating a visual record of the conference. (Some pics are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/garelaos/sets/72157626653302982/ )
    What they do is called 'Graphic Recording', and it's grown to be much more common in the UK than I thought. I spoke about you to the guy there. I'd be happy to pass on details if its of any interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never miss your blogs but I am not as punctual as I used to be. Sometimes I go a few days without booting up the laptop and I don't have one of those smart-phones so I have to do a bit of a catch-up. Loved the Bardsey Island piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shoot... I was looking for a reason to give up and get a real life. Flora please send those details again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda Kemp commented on Facebook: "maybe you're posting at a different time and I miss it? good luck with the marbles......"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glynne T Kirkham commented on your link.


    Glynne wrote: "Same problem as Malc. I find it hard to post on your actual blog using my phone. Wish there was an app for that. "

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kevin Parrott commented on Facebook:
    Andy, you can have some of my marbles. I found them in a box while clearing Mum's house last year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon Hutt commented on facebook: Everyone has been on holiday for the last 4 weeks. Am sure your marbles will return.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Caron Rebours commented on faceboook: We will never leave you hols and busy must be the reason.. Marbles at the ready.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Della Jayne Roberts commented on Facebook: ‎:O) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Della Jayne Roberts also commented on Facebook: I have a pottery bowl full of them (from The House of Marbles) - all different patterns/colours/sizes ... :O) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Della Jayne Roberts also commented on Facebook: I was sorting stuff to take to the new house today and found a box of 'Marble games" that Jed got from 'Father Christmas' on a trip to the Pantomime one year. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Steve Bishop commented on Facebook: Holidays and other such distractions have meant that I have spent no time on the PC for a few weeks.... I am sure other people are the same mate

    ReplyDelete