Friday 20 November 2009

Mistyery shopper...

Shopping list
Sugar
Rice
Courgettes
Wine
Bacon
Washing-up liquid

‘Looks like they’re going to the shops, I wonder if this is my chance? If I hide in this shopping bag perhaps they’ll pick me up and take me to the shops with them. I need a few things, I’ve made a list:

Misty’s shopping list
A new ball
Cheese
Mouse trap
Cat treats
My extra special gourmet food
Salmon flakes (unsmoked)

The ball is for practice. I saw a mouse out the back the other day and I reckon that if I can get my speed up I might just be able to catch it. My old ball has disappeared. I was playing with it, gave it a good hard swipe, off it went up into the air, and it never came down again. It either magically disappeared or it’s stuck in the light fitting in the loving room. We used to call in the living room but ever since the whirling girl thing brought that curly boy home… My guess is that it’s disappeared, vanished. Hisfault is always saying that things just disappear around here – pens and keys mainly, but marbles as well. Foodies often says that Hisfault is losing his marbles.

The cheese is to tempt the little mousey my way. I’m going to lay a trail of cheese across the ground right up to a place where I’ll be hiding - then all I have to do is pounce! Couldn’t be simpler, minimum effort, almost too easy, and failing that there is always the mousetrap. Well, I may need the mouse trap because of the hissing bell on this collar. You should hear it, it’s so loud! Forget Misty! Just call me Quasimodo… ‘The bells, the bells!’Might as well shout out ‘I’m here mousey, I’m here.’

So…One: Get in the bag. Two: Go to the shops. Three: Get my mouse catching equipment. Four: Catch me a mouse. What could be simpler?

The other things, the yummies? Well, the other things are to comfort me if I don’t catch the mousy. Not than I’m expecting to need them, but it’s always good to have a back up plan. Now stop talking to me and be quiet, they’re coming to pick up the shopping bags. Whiskers crossed, here we go…”


She’s in the shopping bag again. Why does she do that? Come on Misty, out you come, I don’t think that you want to come shopping and it isn’t as if you need anything from the shops do you…

4 comments:

  1. She's such a star - should have her own TV programme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loving room - fantastic! It's worth reading about that cat for that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil Cousins posted on Facebook:

    "i don't really understand this technology but i'm a bit worried about you after reading that thing about your cat... are you feeling alright?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't fair. I never get what I want!

    ReplyDelete