Wednesday 18 November 2009

An Omni-Omni Perambul-amble Doodle


I can't keep my hands still. Maybe it's because I used to be a smoker, maybe it's the result of some other bad habit. Either way, it gives me a problem in meetings, and I often have to attend some very long meetings. So to combat this need to move my hands I doodle.

When I start to doodle I often have no idea what is going to materialise, I just start my pen moving on the paper and something starts to appear.

That's how I got this creature, my Omni-Omni. I was in a meeting last week, listening, participating, but I felt the need to move my hands, well it was a VERY long meeting, so I doodled on my notepad. I had no idea what was coming - I wasn't expecting a parrot, or a monkey, or those tiny creatures hiding in the spiky bushes, it just appeared along with the Omni-Omni.

I hope that you like it.

An Omni-Omni Perambul-amble

In the land of Shumba Shumbo Shoo
As ride for green furred primates,
A full half foot above the ground,
The Omni-Omni levitates.

And in his tail he holds a net
For everyone to see,
And catches fish out of the air,
A floating fisher he.

Then on his head a parasol
All hanging down with corks,
Stepping on sky to save his feet,
The Omni-Omni walks.

Upon his shade a parrot sits,
From his foot a spider dangles,
Just slightly off the boiling sand,
The Omni perambul-ambles.

As flapperwings flop and elebugs hum,
In shimmery blue around,
That O-O rather gracefully,
Strolls off - above the ground.

4 comments:

  1. You're lucky. With my artistic ability I just have to sit and listen.
    The guardian says doodling is good for the concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic drawing and poem BTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry Swift commented on Facebook:

    that is really amazing, if only all meetings produce such a wonderful result! It felt like reading a Rudyard Kipling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT. You deserve to be published especially as you could illustrate your own creations.

    ReplyDelete