Sunday 1 November 2009

Normal Service...

Some days my life is like an Edward Lear rhyme. But you'll have to wait to find out why. You see, I really don't know what's going on but I can only upload very short posts and no pictures at all. All I can say is I will resume normal service as soon as I can but in the meantime one of my favourite opening verses ever as a test.

On top of the Crumpetty Tree
The Quangle Wangle sat,
But his face you could not see,
On account of his Beaver Hat.
For his hat was a hundred and two feet wide,
With ribbons and bibbons on every side
And bells, and buttons, and loops, and lace,
So that nobody could ever see the face
Of the Quangle wangle Quee.

2 comments:

  1. Did the hat balance on his head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that - must read a bit more Lear, magic

    ReplyDelete