Monday 3 August 2009

Love a duck!

Is that Dilly with Dubby?

No, I don’t think it is. Who is it then and what is Dubby doing here with a stranger, and a female stranger at that? Hardly anybody comes here. Who is that bright pink female with the silver heart around her neck? She’s a bit… well, a bit overstated don’t you think?

What’s he up to I wonder, and where are Dilly and the ducklings, they must be around here somewhere? Maybe that pink duck is a friend of Dilly’s and Dubby’s bumped into her. Dilly will probably turn up at any minute. Yes, that has to be it. Dilly, Danni, Dolly and Debby will be along any minute and they’ll all go off together, it’s obvious now that I come to think about it.

I wonder what they are quacking about to each other though. It must be something personal - I think that they’re quacking in whispers. Now where have I seen her before? I’m sure I recognise her from somewhere. Isn’t she the barmaid from ‘The Drunken Drake’? Yes, that’s who she is, she’s the barmaid at ‘The Drunken Drake’; I wonder how Dilly and Dubby know her?

Just look at them, they are getting a bit close to each other, too close, don't you think? Wait a minute… what’s going on? Did I just see what I think I saw? Did Dubby just kiss that floozy duck on the bill? There, he’s just kissed her again, and now they’re waddling off together behind those bushes! I don’t like the look of this at all. Where have they gone? What is Dilly going to think if she finds out?

Dubby, you are in a relationship, ducks are meant to be monogamous, partners for life. What about the children? What about Danni, Dolly and Debby. Don’t do it Dubby, don’t do it.

This can’t be what I think this is can it?

5 comments:

  1. oh Dubby, I'm really upset now - that pink duck is SO obvious and you have responsibilities now, once ducklings are involved ..... oh deary me

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rubber duck sopa opera! You haven't changed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. words fail me - credible comment is hard to express - we should all look hard at ourselves and ask "Could we have done more", a kind word here, an arm round the shoulder there, listening instead of talking, empathising instead of ignoring, advising instead of laughing. The Shame. The Horror, The Horror

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not like Dubby to play the pond...?! Maybe there's a perfectly good explanation - has she drugged Dubby with some intoxicating substance from 'The Drunken Drake'?! Or perhaps they're scheming together - are they plotting a surprise for Dilly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - play the pond!

    Yes, I wonder what is going on.

    ReplyDelete