Saturday 22 August 2009

Catwalk…


Now what was his name? It’s on the tip of my tongue. Blondie? Blondano? Blondinski? Blondini! That’s it, Blondini - The amazing Blondini! Blondini the hire-wire artiste who walked across Niagara Falls on a tightrope - did he make it, or did he fall to his death? I can’t remember…

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the one and only Mistini! Mistini the fearless - conqueror of the kitchen cupboard, climber of trees, and master of the five-bar gate. I look nonchalantly this way; I look death-defiantly that way. Do I know no fear? Watch me as I navigate the dangers of the sticky-out bit (steady now it’s a long way down and this is tricky), overcome the treacherous lucky horseshoe (is that the right way up?), and reach the end of the gate with an inquisitive sniff (Mmmm, doesn’t smell of anything much).

Did I hear applause? Thank-you ladies and gentlemen, thank-you… and now for your further delectation, to once more astound and astonish you, be prepared for the hairs on the back of your necks to rise with trepidation and tension… Yes, ladies and gentlemen - I shall now turn around and go back the other way!

Maestro, roll the drums please.

Mmm, that sticky-out bit again… I think I’ll just sit here for a bit and wait until it goes away, I didn’t much like it last time, and I can’t really spare another life.”


… and wasn’t it Blondini who walked a wire hung between two skyscrapers in New York – didn’t he fall that time to? No he can’t have done – only cats have more than one life to lose.

3 comments:

  1. Blondin is who you mean.Died in his bed I believe
    You are thinking of Phillipe Petit who walked between the World Trade Center Towers. They brought a children's book out in 2003 called The Man who Walked Between the Towers.

    Misty...I do believe you deserve your own book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having palpitations just thinking about Petit (he was in the Sun Times mag today)let alone Misty's antics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle - Misty must read up in future.

    ReplyDelete