Wednesday 19 August 2009

MMM...

We went to Bodnant Gardens at the weekend, met up with my friend Mr Kirkham and his wife Alison, we walked around, took in the sunshine; and Glynne and I snapped everything in sight, from every angle possible. I’m quite new to the joys of photography but Glynne is an old hand and takes great photographs - I want his camera.

The weather was fine and dry and the gardens were beautiful. I took some pictures that will probably turn up on this blog when I can get to a more reliable signal. But for now you’ll have to be content with my Water Lilly pictures. The building you can see in the picture above is a wonderful garden folly that stands at the end of a long thin pool which seems to stretch forever, reflecting the clouds on its surface.

I love Monet’s Water Lilly paintings; he painted them over and over. I’ve seen some of the originals, the colours are impossible to describe, blobs and flecks of paint capturing the flowers and their reflections in the water perfectly. I can see why Monet loved painting them, I found myself fascinated by the lilies that floated on the various ponds and pools in the gardens and took dozens of photographs of which these are just three.

So this is MMM - my Monet moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love Monet and was knocked out on a visit to the gallery with all his work in Paris - can't remember the name of the gallery but i think it was near a park.

    ReplyDelete