Sunday 8 June 2014

Ciderfest...

This weekend I have mainly been Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, what with tending to my vegetables, making a batch of Elderflower fizz, and growing my new mop of very curly brown hair.

All I needed to make the transformation complete was a sheep to take off to slaughter and a rabbit to gut - but we only do that when we are in Wales.

Yes, what a weekend.

I enjoyed dodging the rain as I planted my herb garden and stirred my Elderflower brew with the big plastic spoon I always have to hand. After all, what’s a bit of rain? Life can’t be all sunshine you know, so you might as well enjoy the rain too. We only have one life, despite what Nancy Sinatra may sing.

Perhaps you’ve noticed by now that I’m not making complete sense. Well, call me Rosie if you wish but all of the above is true inasmuch as it all took place, and I have, this weekend, been having my own little ciderfest; a celebration of the apples and pears – and no, not the cockney rhyming slang you bankers.

Have you noticed the variety of flavoured ciders there are on the market these days? I have, although I can’t quite remember when they came creeping up on me although that’s probably the alcohol. Anyway, this weekend to celebrate the fact that my life is a breezer (see what I did there) I started with straight pear, then went onto summer fruits, honey and blossom, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, even kiwi and lime.

I really like the kiwi and lime.

That's it, gotta go (literally). I have a Tequila and lemon cider to sup.

Be seeing you, probably two of you.

14 comments:

  1. Clare Pritchard on FB
    Do you have a guest list???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare Pritchard on FB
    Where d ya get that cider from Andrew, that sounds like a nice combination...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew Height on FB
    Sainsbury's - three for a fiver deal...
    14 hours ago · Like · 1

    Denise Smart Wow it sounds lovely xx
    13 hours ago · Unlike · 1

    Andrew Height The Kiwi and lime is great. About to try the Old Moult passionfruit and apple.
    13 hours ago · Like

    Gloria Brown Looks good, I will get some and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise Smart on FB
    Wow it sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Height on FB
    The Kiwi and lime is great. About to try the Old Moult passionfruit and apple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gloria Brown on FB
    Looks good, I will get some and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare Pritchard on FB
    had to make do with a kopperberg fruits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Height
      Next time... it's a great taste.

      Delete
    2. Clare Pritchard on FB
      off to get some tomorrow...

      Delete
  8. Lindsey Messenger on FB
    Cheers......x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul Whitehouse on FB
    Should be watching BGT Andrew ! FINAL


    Andrew Height
    Watching out on my Kindle outside. Letice...


    Paul Whitehouse
    Another (Lady) Bo Bruce ?


    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky Sutcliffe on FB
    You lead a life!!!

    Andrew Height
    I do Vicky. A life of trouble free excess and too much choice. If only I had a bus pass.

    Denise Smart on FB
    not long to go???

    Andrew Height
    8 years cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tarana Jed Roberts on FB
    Rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea what that means Tarana, but probably

      Delete